A Guide To Subverting Digital Transformation Hype And Clearing Your Path To Discovery, Ignition & Growth
Cards On The Table
When it comes to change and transformation efforts I’m inclined toward an open-source ethos. In that spirit, I’m sharing my program. Here’s why.
Beginning with our first interaction it sets the stage for a discussion of the future, not the past. It opens up discovery. Not a fishing expedition for canned answers I think might open your checkbook.
Our first goal is to establish a rapport of mutual open-mindedness. Narrow-minded managers are hungry for use cases as a CYA mechanism. Receptive leaders aren’t.
A Mutual Alignment Check
The benefit for future clients is a virtual test-drive — you get to have a look under the hood and see how, together, we approach your current state, desired state, and dream state.
I don’t do digital shock & awe or process-led agendas. Here’s what I do:
- people & culture overhaul where leadership serves as the model for a gradual & persistent ripple effect across the business
- pragmatic technology advocacy in mission-critical, supporting roles
- facilitated strategy aimed at discovery, ignition & growth where your people do equal heavy-lifting so the knowledge base is built and retained in-house
Models Of Engagement
Have a look at POC / on-site (w/ guarantee), and 1:1 remote options. I hope the contrast is obvious — I bring a long-game mindset that favors investment in your people & culture, with common-sense investment in technology.
“Keep in mind that the landscape is always changing; you must always examine what’s working, evolve your ideas, and change the way you do things.” ― Marc Benioff, Behind the Cloud
3 Fundamentals Of Discovery, Ignition & Growth
- Simplicity: a business is a naturally complex system. If we take a simpler-is-better approach to systems-thinking, the parts are more likely to integrate when the time comes.
- Constraints: leveraging constraints is a well-worn path to creative breakthroughs and better questions in any problem-solving exercise.
- Transparency: conventional approaches obscure the work with rules and theory about how people must behave. This approach leaves the work itself fully exposed.
A PDF is available here. Get in touch to request a video demo.
Playbooks are a simple addition/alternative to new or existing change efforts (digital transformation, agility, innovation) and can be deployed using whatever tools you prefer.
I hope you find some value in this framework for discovery, ignition & growth.
ICYMI here’s the introduction & article index to the Unpacking Transformation 2020 series.
Thomas Irre is the founder of HK5, LLC and an advocate of analog transformation – a common sense approach to sustainable business transformation that emphasizes people & performance first, and arms them with a flexible technology arsenal that aligns to clear-cut business goals.